Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > Mazda MMP software not recognizing MaxiF...
Mazda MMP software not recognizing MaxiFlash Elite

4938 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-02 21:07:18

•   Level 2   
    (25) points

2017-02-27 13:46:13
     Hi everyone!
    Proud new owner of a maxisys elite and maxiflash elite.
    Today i installed the software on my laptop (PC suite and drivers), device manager in windows sees the maxiflash as a passthrew device as expected. (Windows 7 64bit).
    The MaxiSys worked great as expected.

Then i purchased a 72hr subscription to the MAZDA database, and downloaded the MMP programming software onto the laptop.

When trying to run the MMP software (oem Mazda) i get a message explaining that the J2534 passthrew device is not "defined" and to define it in the next window. OK button is all i can press here.
    Next window asks me to select the brand and model of device, however there is nothing in this list - and the window tells me that if there is noting in the list that the software that came with the passthrew device is not installed, to install it, and try again.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2017-02-27 14:12:26 (Reply to:)

That means the jbox is not yet recognized with Mazda
    You may have to try a diffrent Jbox or a VCM pass thru

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-27 16:57:23 (Reply to:Emmanuel89)

Sounds like another  OE manufacturer that is just trying to toss up hurdles for techs to economically have access to J2534 programming by forcing J2534 device manufactures to jump through hoops and pay big licensing money to be on a list of validated J2534 devices before their program will allow the J2534 device to be used.
      I think that is wrong and Manufacturer should also  have a selection for un-validated  Generic Passthrough devices with a disclaimer and acceptance of risk with no support for  resolving  issues if you proceed to try programming with an unvalidated pass through and it fails.More techs joining NASTF equals more of a voice for pressure on the OEs to make things more accessible  at lower costs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAFcBInDVq0

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-02-28 00:27:23 (Reply to:)

the maxisys pro/Elite works fine with mmp, as a matter of fact it works excellent . you have a 64bit os system and that gives issues sometimes. go back to the installation cd and look in a folder name j2534, open it and install it again. if it still don't see it then some computer knowledge is require to go to task manager and update the passthru and select the 64 bit driver, there maybe other ways but for sure your driver is not installed correctly or set up correctly. after the installation is done go to program/maxisys pro/elite, open the software manager and set up your j2534, passthru must be connected and power up. try this or I can help you set it up remotely. good luck

•   Level 2   
    (25) points

2017-02-28 14:55:14 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     Hi spike007,
    Thanks for the reply,
    I had already spent a while searching the forum for info and saw other people have been able to communicate with MMP.

I knew I must have done something wrong/missed something, I shall try and install 64bit drivers when I get back to work!
    But for the record, device manager in widows shows the device setup successfully, and I've now tried on windows 7 & 10 (both are 64 bit computers unfortunately).

Thanks again for your reply, I shall try as soon as possible!!

Dan.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-02-28 17:57:35 (Reply to:)

no problem Dan.  also I just thought of it, check to make sure your firewall is not blocking it, disable it if not sure.

•   Level 2   
    (25) points

2017-03-01 00:14:44 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     Hey spike007,
    I disabled the firewall and all virus protection temporarily for another test, with no success unfortunately (that was a good idea!).

I just put the CD back in and looked in the J2534 folder, I only have a "setup.exe" file. which I have run previously it would seem :(
    Is there supposed to be a DLL file or alike?

Thanks again for your input! Greatly appreciated!!
    Dan

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-01 04:08:35 (Reply to:)

strange indeed. how about uninstalling it completely and installing from scratch again only this time with the firewall disable, when done open the utility passthru manager and see if it sees the passthru and try to update it. if everything goes ok then open mmp and it will prompt you to set it up. the other thing I will do is to go the programming86 folder, find the maxisys foldel  and copy and paste it to the programming folder. the programming 86 folder is only available to the 64bit os. some software including drivers are only designed to be installed in the programming folder and not the programming86 folder. give that a try and lets see what happens. good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (25) points

2017-03-01 05:26:42 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     Hi mate,
    I'm in the process of removing all the software,

when you say "programming86" do you mean "program files(86)" on c: ?

Just to ensure I do this correct can you give me a step by step, just brief, of which order to install the maxiflash/sys software back on?
    Should I remove mazda MMP also?

PS:
    do we know where MMP gets the list of installed devices from? maybe its as simple as a DLL file in the wrong place (fingers crossed)!

Cheers again!
    Dan

•   Level 2   
    (25) points

2017-03-01 05:28:42 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Hi mate,
    I'm in the process of removing all the software,

when you say "programming86" do you mean "program files(86)" on c: ?

Just to ensure I do this correct can you give me a step by step, just brief, of which order to install the maxiflash/sys software back on?
    Should I remove mazda MMP also?

PS:
    do we know where MMP gets the list of installed devices from? maybe its as simple as a DLL file in the wrong place (fingers crossed)!

Cheers again!
    Dan
  Total2 Pages